Saturday, April 09, 2016

Road trip

This week I went on a quick business trip to Miami. I lived there for six years in the 1980s, but now many places are totally unrecognizable. It's a fascinating city that needs a lot more than a day to take it all in, but unfortunately I didn't have time - maybe next time. 

Florida International University 
I hadn't had a Fuddrucker's hamburger in nearly 30 years. They are still the best burgers ever!
 I rented a car for the trip - a brand new Kia Soul which was actually really fun to drive. The weather was perfect on the day I returned home. I stopped along the way in the middle of the Everglades - grasses and swamp for further than the eye can see.



The sky was so blue against the green of the grass. There was lots of wildlife, but strangely I didn't come across any snakes or alligators. 


3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun Mrs. Khadija.
    And that Fuddrucker looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have Fuddruckers in Saudi now. The weekly breakfast steak, every Saturday, was one of those things that kept me sane there.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List