Monday, October 20, 2008

Running on the old treadmill

I've been too busy to post anything lately. 

The kids are still getting their schedules sorted out. We arranged for a bus to come pick up Ibrahim - this morning at ten minutes past six he arrived. Apparently Ibrahim is the first passenger he has to pick up and will be the last to be dropped off on the way home. That's ridiculous! The poor boy doesn't have to be at school until eight thirty. I sent hubby downstairs to tell the bus driver to leave. I'm not waking up at 5 am just to get him ready for school. His father will have to figure out some other solution. The thought of Ibrahim spending about four hours a day in a bus is just wrong (with most likely a maniac for a bus driver). 

Jenna's school has completed their renovations and she's moved back to the morning schedule. Now the only one going to school in the afternoon is Yusef. I'm not sure how much longer it will be before his school's renovations are finished. I will be happy when we are all back on a morning schedule again.

As for me - I've got my friend's daughter's wedding tonight. This means that I will get to see all the friends and people that I don't get a chance to see very often because we are all too busy to get together - We'll all be at the wedding. The downside of all of this is that we'll get to see each other and that will be about all - the music will most likely be way too loud to have a conversation. So I'll see everyone but not know what everyone's news is. uuughh... It has been way too long since we've all gotten together. Time to start thinking about arranging a good old-fashioned get together - something that hasn't been done in ages. 
 
Thanks to everyone that's emailed me and sent me birthday e-cards and wishes. No cake for me - the candles would cause a fire hazard. I officially feel old. Yesterday three different students told me I was like a mom to them... ugghhh. Well, I guess I should be happy - so far no one's said I'm like their grandmother. 

I'm going to invest in some wrinkle cream....  


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday dear Khadija Teri
    Relax, enjoy, laugh & not be worry

    Have a good slice of cake it’s on me
    It’s a yummy with fresh cup of coffee
    On birthdays we don’t count calories

    An important fact for you to remember
    Who cares if it’s Tuesday, or December
    Life is quality and age is just a number

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday teri... sorry i would have said it on your birhtday but my computer was on the fritz.... hugs holly and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need to consider wrinkle cream until you turn 35. You're way too young!!
    By the way, you looked great at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday Khdija!
    I found your blogg when I looked for "rosata-almond milk".
    I found the blogg very interesting. I wish I have time to read all your posts.
    Zohar

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List