Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nearly finished

Next week starts the beginning of final exams for school kids in Libya. I've been here nearly 20 years and I still can't get used to the idea that the academic year here finishes in May and the summer holiday doesn't end until September.... it's a looooooong summer here.

I'm cutting back a bit on my work hours so I can sit on top of my kids and stress out over the fact that they have more interest in watching TV and other useless objectives instead of sticking their noses in their books. I'll have to guide them in the direction of study, study, study... I need a cattle prod - one of those electrified ones to stab them with whenever they think about anything besides their books. Two of my kids are in their final year - Nora with high school and Sara will move on to secondary school.

I feel my blood pressure rising already.... sigh....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List