Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Everyone is sick!

I think everyone I know is sick, or has been sick recently, with either the flu or some kind of cold - almost all my students have cold sores! uuuggghh! I have taken to using antiviral cream on my lips as a preventitive measure. It's bad enough being sick - but if you have cold sores it makes it just that much worse.

And being sick seems like a worldwide thing, because my family in the US are all suffering too. Is this a winter for colds, or what? I don't ever remember it being this bad.

I think I'm coming down with something. I came home from work and took 'night nurse' and went to bed. - but 'night nurse' makes me woosy for about 12 hours. When the alarm clock went off I could barely make it out of bed to wake up the kids for school. If was so dizzy and weak - my legs were wobbling all over the place! I turned on the lights in the girls room and said, 'Get up! This is the first and last time I am going to tell you! I'm going back to bed because I'm not well!' - then I did the same thing in the boys room. I usually have to go in and tell them to get up about ten times before they finally get out of bed.

I went back to bed and slept until 10 o'clock. Nora missed school because she didn't get out of bed - but she had tidied the house so it was ok. After a few cups of coffee I feel a bit better - the 'night nurse' finally wore off. My throat feels a bit scratchy and I feel achey, but I will pull myself together and get through the day.

I'm not sure if I should dose myself with 'night nurse' again tonite. It will depend on how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Mom has had a fever for about 3 days. She finally went to the doctor yesterday and is now on antibiotics. She is doing a little better now. I had whatever plague mother has now the weekend before last. Chills, Fever, (tylenol), then sweat...and then the cycle starts over. It was very strange.... I hope you feel better. XOXO, Sister Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Terri. Hope it was just a 24 hour bug. I read the account of your day to Mom. She laughed when she heard the part about it being OK Nora missed school because she tidied the house. Cousin Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List